Moreck to undergo sex offender evaluation

BY STACI WILSON

A 24-year-old Laceyville man will undergo a sexual offender’s evaluation as part of a sentenced issued last week in Susquehanna County Court.

William Moreck II was sentenced by President Judge Kenneth Seamans on Thursday, Sept. 20, to serve nine months to two years minus one day for carrying on a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old girl.

Moreck who also exposed his genitalia to two teenage, female employees at Flynn’s Stone Castle, Rush Twp., will also serve a concurrent, one – 12 month sentences on two counts of indecent exposure.

As part of the plea agreement, prosecutors agreed to drop a corruption of minors case lodged against Moreck in August after he was found by police in an Auburn Twp. trailer with the 14-year-old. Moreck and the girl were at the residence without the owner’s permission.

Public Defender Linda LaBarbera told the court that the teenage girl has continued to write Moreck while he has been incarcerated under both her name and an alias but she said her client did not want to pursue the relationship.

Assistant District Attorney Marion O’Malley said, “The fact (the girl) remains infatuated with (Moreck) shows the impact he had on the girl. She’s not only the victim but is also pursuing him despite the inappropriateness (of the relationship.)

O’Malley advocated Moreck receive sexual offender treatment “based on the totality of the cases.”

Prior to his sentencing, Moreck apologized to the court for his actions and said he has no interest in continuing the relationship with the teen, promising the court, “it won’t happen again.”