Teens to be charged for ‘bottle firework’ prank
BY STACI WILSON
An intended prank may carry some serious consequences for three area juveniles.
A soda bottle, partly filled with a liquid, was found Sept. 23 in front of a Chase Ave., Hallstead, residence. Some of the liquid was seeping out of the end of the bottle.
Pennsylvania State Police and the Hallstead Fire Company responded to the scene. It was determined the container contained a failed attempt to make a “bottle firework.”
According to police, the three youths (one age 14 and two age 15) attempted to manufacture the homemade firework as a prank; and had learned how to do it through the internet.
The juveniles will face charges, police said. Tpr. Alan Deutsch investigated the incident.
“Making homemade fireworks can cause serious injury or death,” police noted in the report, “and anyone using them that can cause injury or property damage will be prosecuted.”